We all know that preparation is key but there are times when no matter how hard we try outside influences can impact our plans.
What do you do to plan your week?
I have an excellent diary planner which has the whole year planned out. I know where I should be each day as well as the preparation I need to do.
My week starts on a Sunday evening when I should get my blog finished ready for the social media to send it out to you all on Monday.
I then look at what I need to have ready for each day. This week I need to add in extra towels and rollers for an added workshop for felt flower making. I need to Plan a workshop for Monday afternoon, cut out many flower shapes for the school on Tuesday, ensure there is plenty of cake on Wednesday.
The website needs updating, the social media scheduled emails need to be kept on top of.
Then I get to spend the rest of the time making lovely items for the fairs and shops. Which means cutting them out once I have decided what I need. But not this Sunday as I have been at Dents Farm.
What a fabulous weekend we have had. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. And thank you to all our customers old and new. It was lovely to see you all.
So what’s coming up then I hear you ask?
November 24 @ 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Do you fancy making your own decorations for Christmas using traditional techniques?
Then join us at Eau Brink Studio on the 24th of November for Christmas Decorations with Clare Hedges.
We will be starting at 09.30 and finishing at 1pm. Clare will be supplying all the materials.
All you need to bring is yourself and your scissors. Refreshments included in the price.
Making Christmas decorations using traditional techniques is not as hard as you think.
Clare will supply all the materials and equipment so you will just need to turn up and follow her easy instructions.
Of course Clare is on hand if you get stuck and need a little extra help.
Once you know what to do then you can make these decorations all year round for other celebrations in many colours.
Beginners Skirt Workshop
November 26 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beginner level at Eau Brink Studio.
Using a simple pattern, Create a skirt in this one day workshop.
Have you caught the sewing bug? Are you waiting (patiently) for the sewing bee to come back on our screens? This is your chance to get ahead with your winter wardrobe and sew a skirt for you.
Starting with learning how to read the pattern, Pippa will take you step by step to create a simple skirt. Learn how to finish seams to prevent fraying, Stitch a dart, put in a zip and everything else in between to create a skirt.
· A pattern. Most of the pattern companies have a beginners/ simple section to choose a pattern from. If you like the look of some of the indi pattern companies you could try Sew me somethings Viola skirt or for a slim pencil skirt, Liesel and co super sharp pencil skirt. Simple sews Kiera skirt or The Named Azara skirt works for those that like a little more flow of fabric. A quick search for skirt patterns will give you lots of choice, just remember, the less pieces it appears to have, the simpler it will be to put together and the more likely you’ll be to make it in a day.
· Fabric- your pattern will give you an idea on the back as to the type of fabric to choose, if in doubt, ask a fabric shop assistant.
· Thread and machine needles to match your fabric
· Sewing machine
· Sewing kit i.e. Scissors (Paper and Fabric) Pins, Hand needles, Tape measure etc
· Zip, if your pattern requires one
· Interfacing-choose a weight that’s slightly lighter than you fabric. If in doubt ask an assistant.
November 29 @ 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Want to Discover the Possibilities of Powertex? You can on Powertex Thursday.
Learn how to manipulate this versatile medium, giving you the start to get creating…
Have you recently purchased a Powertex system, but are finding it tough to get results?
Perhaps you have heard about the potential of this fabric hardening system to create beautiful and distinctive structures?
Although Powertex can produce outstanding results, you are not alone if you are struggling to make this environmentally friendly product work for you.
If you want a practical grounding in using this sculpting medium then Powertex Thursdays is the perfect solution.
Designed to give you the skills and know how to capture your creative flair, this course takes place at Eau Brink Studio under the supervision of Anita O’Neill.
Available for £20.00 this 2-3 hour course gives you all the basics needed to make a jar or brooch. Whole days are also available for support with larger projects.
This course gives you the following…
- All your materials are included – in the overall course price and extra products are available for a small cost to ensure you achieve the result you desire.
- Initial demonstration – watch as Anita goes through all the basics necessary for successfully bringing your ideas to life with this exciting medium.
- Positive learning environment – work with Powertex and share information and findings with other artists and creatives in a fun, energised atmosphere.
- Refreshments – including Anita’s famous cakes and cups of tea to get the inspiration flowing around the room.
December 5 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
There are many ways to decorate fabric and paper using stitch, dyes, paints and other mediums. But have you ever thought about mixing up the paints and stitches? What about making your own surface to stitch into or to add to using paints or other embellishments? How many kits are lurking in your craft room or cupboards that you have not used yet?
Experimental Wednesday at Eau Brink Studio is a day where you can be free to experiment using any medium you like. We have put paper to fabric, made paper, dyed fabrics and used the left over dye as ink.
We look around us and think about what everyday objects can be used for in our experimenting. for example: take some rusty objects and lay them over and around fabric. Leave for a few weeks and then unwrap. Lovely rust dyed fabrics to sew into.
Snow is something many dread. We look forward to it as then we can use it to dye fabrics using Procion Dye crystals.
The world around us makes many synthetic fabrics which can be coloured and then heated to make the most fantastic surfaces. Such as Tyvek, Lutradour, and of course everyday plastics.
Every Wednesday from 10am till 4pm. From £20.00 per day and then additional costs for materials. Refreshments included but not lunch.
Gain an Expressive Flair and New Confidence Working with Mixed Media
Learn the techniques that will give you the basis for a developing your creativity and own personal style at Eau Brink Studio.
Have you been on a course or show that has opened your eyes to the possibilities of working with textiles, paint, inks, wax, acrylics and other types of mixed media?
Want to take your artistic productions to the next level and develop a range of skills that you can explore in your own studio or home workshop?
If the answer is yes, then the Experimental Wednesday Course at Eau Brink Studios with Anita O’Neill could give you the boost you need to take your creativity to the next stage.
Designed to teach you everything you need to get the results you want from mixed media – this 6 hour course is available for £20.00.
This workshop gives you the following:
- Introduction phone call – Anita will talk to you before the day to ensure that your chosen technique is covered during the course.
- Lecture sessions – where you learn not only about your technique but get an insight into everything that is being taught during the day.
- Practical demonstration – going through a clear, step by step approach that gives you enough time to truly understand how to use each technique.
- Workshop – practice the techniques you have learned, with Anita on hand to give you all the support and assistance you need.
- Cake and refreshments – bring your own lunch, but Anita bakes her own special cakes to keep you sustained in the afternoon.
Taking place in our spacious and relaxed Eau Brink Studio, simply bring your own materials or let us know and we’ll provide them for you. Be inspired in this artistic space and share ideas with others on their expressive journey.
For 2019 we start out in January with
Then we have …
Followed by a one day ..
And we also have..
If you are interested in any of these workshops please click on the title and it will take you to the website so you can take a look at what we will be up to. If you fancy it just click on the schedule appointment button. Any problems give me a call on 01553 762115.
And as you can see I am planning right up to the end of 2019. There is more planned but as I have not finalised things I do not feel I can publish them. So keep watching and reading.