Bento Boxes with Melanie Missin
March 6, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until March 6, 2022
Melanie Missin will be returning to get us to make these fabulous boxes. This two day workshop will get us using all sorts of mixed media to create flowers and leave to decorate our boxes with. Each day will start with Mel talking to us about our day and how we will progress. Then at each stage Mel will demonstrate each step and help us to create our masterpieces.
I was inspired by the Floral Bento Boxes that had been made at a florist workshop. I decided to try and make something similar with my favourite material, Vlieseline, (vilene to most people). Using Teabags, Free motion stitching, paint, varnish and a soldering tool, I created these delightful little boxes.
- Sewing machine with a new 90/14 needle.
- A darning foot for free motion stitching (Older machines may need a plate to put over the feed dogs if there is no switch to put them down).
- ½ metre (a metre if you would like to make more) of craft Vilene – Vlieseline S80/240 (50cm x 90cm)
- Dried, used teabags (tea leaves removed) approx. 30 bags
- Koh-I -Noor water colour paints (dye based is fine to) and shimmer water colour paints (I use Artway 2303017 available from Amazon there are others too), or Lumiere paints.
- Quick dry Clear gloss varnish. I use Wilkos own make.
- Paint brushes for paint and an old one for the varnish.
- Black cotton or rayon thread, not polyester.
- Soldering tool with mask and old tile or glass which will not burn
- Hair dryer (optional).
- A container or tray to take the boxes home as they will still be wet.
I can supply 1/2 metre of Vilene, teabags, the use of my paints and varnish for £6.00, payable on the day, to me.
Refreshments are available throughout the day but don’t forget to bring your lunch