- This event has passed.
August 2, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00am on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
There are many ways to decorate fabric and paper using stitch, dyes, paints and other mediums. But have you ever thought about mixing up the paints and stitches? What about making your own surface to stitch into or to add to using paints or other embellishments? How many kits are lurking in your craft room or cupboards that you have not used yet?
Experimental Wednesday at Eau Brink Studio is a day where you can be free to experiment using any medium you like. We have put paper to fabric, made paper, dyed fabrics and used the left over dye as ink.
We look around us and think about what everyday objects can be used for in our experimenting. for example: take some rusty objects and lay them over and around fabric. Leave for a few weeks and then unwrap. Lovely rust dyed fabrics to sew into.
Snow is something many dread. We look forward to it as then we can use it to dye fabrics using Procion Dye crystals.
The world around us makes many synthetic fabrics which can be coloured and then heated to make the most fantastic surfaces. Such as Tyvek, Lutradour, and of course everyday plastics.
Every Wednesday from 10am till 4pm. From £20.00 per day and then additional costs for materials. Refreshments included but not lunch.
Gain an Expressive Flair and New Confidence Working with Mixed Media
Learn the techniques that will give you the basis for a developing your creativity and own personal style at Eau Brink Studios.
Have you been on a course or show that has opened your eyes to the possibilities of working with textiles, paint, inks, wax, acrylics and other types of mixed media?
Want to take your artistic productions to the next level and develop a range of skills that you can explore in your own studio or home workshop?
If the answer is yes, then the Experimental Wednesday Course at Eau Brink Studios with Anita O’Neill could give you the boost you need to take your creativity to the next stage.
Designed to teach you everything you need to get the results you want from mixed media – this 6 hour course is available for £20.00.
Anita has been helping hundreds of aspiring and established artists develop the skills need to go forth into a new world of expression and excitement since 1998.
This workshop gives you the following:
- Introduction phone call – Anita will talk to you before the day to ensure that your chosen technique is covered during the course.
- Lecture sessions – where you learn not only about your technique but get an insight into everything that is being taught during the day.
- Practical demonstration – going through a clear, step by step approach that gives you enough time to truly understand how to use each technique.
- Workshop – practice the techniques you have learned, with Anita on hand to give you all the support and assistance you need.
- Cake and refreshments – bring your own lunch, but Anita bakes her own special cakes to keep you sustained in the afternoon.
Taking place in our spacious and relaxed Eau Brink Studio, simply bring your own materials or let us know and we’ll provide them for you. Be inspired in this artistic space and share ideas with others on their expressive journey.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE ON A WORKSHOP TODAY