- This event has passed.
Woodland Wall Art Workshop
May 9 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£35.00
In this Woodland Wall Art Workshop you will be using a variety of techniques to make your own wall art hanging
You will be using
- transfer paints which you will use to colour the background by using a heat press to transfer the colour.
- print blocks that will be supplied, but feel free to bring your own.
- free motion embroidery
- gilding flakes which will be provided
Working in the light airy studio at Eaubrink and surrounded by woodland inspiration you will be using man made materials. Which you will layer, print, stitch and gild to create a wall hanging on the theme of trees.
Please bring the following
- Your sewing machine and accessories
- Any fabrics and embellishment you feel might be useful to enhance a woodland theme.
- Inspiration pictures of woodland scenes and trees
- Hand and Machine threads suited to the theme of woodlands
- Embellishments such as beads, buttons, wires etc
- Sewing kit
- Hanging ideas for wall art
British Textile artist Melanie Missin has been working with textiles for many years. In the last 14 years she has been passing on her knowledge to students across the country as well as continuing to learn new techniques and develop a wide range of exciting ideas. She has recently had a piece of works published in WOW book five which she describes as “a lovely book full of very inspirational textile Artists articles”.