Warm Colours, Fallen Leaves: Autumnal Machine Embroidery Landscape
Workshop by Nodeen Salmon – 10th October 2020
Join Nodeen at Eau Brink Studio for a two day workshop creating a fabulous machine embroidered piece depicting trees in autumn.
You do not have to be experienced with free motion embroidery as you will have time to practice before working into your piece.
Nodeen will demonstrate each stage of the process and assist where you need it.
The aim is to create a autumn scene with stitch and paint. You do not need to be an artist as there are many ways we can transfer lines onto fabric if required.
During the workshop you will be required to wear your mask or visor whilst watching the demonstrations but when sitting at your machine it is not required as you are 1 metre from your neighbour. Of course if you wish to keep your face covering on it is not a problem.
If you wish to bring your own cutlery and crockery again it is not a problem. If you have any concerns just email Anita on [email protected]
Lunch is not included but refreshments are. This is hot drinks and bottled water, cake and fruit. We do have a fridge for your lunch if it is required.
If travelling from afar we do have a number of hotels within 10 minutes car travel from us to suit all budgets.
For this workshop you will need the following items –
- A selection of sewing machine threads, all makes are acceptable. Dark, medium and light tones in each colour. Think trees and oranges, reds, yellow oranges and rust colour leave. For grass and foliage bring sap greens olive greens and yellow greens. Also bring tree colours like khaki and beige, light greens, browns, dark olive greens. Bring three shade of each colour.
- Sewing machine which has the option to drop the feed dogs.
- Free machine embroidery foot for the sewing machine.
- Spare sewing machine needles.
- 12” square white medium weight 100% cotton
- 12”square craft Vilene heavy weight sew in, used as stabiliser.
- Plus extra fabric and Vilene for sample stitches.
- Sewing kit including small embroidery scissors.
- Paint brush (approx. size 8 round medium).
- Fabric paint: yellow, orange, red and blue (will be provided).
- Yogurt pot or paper cup for water.
- Autumnal landscape photos, sketches, images etc for inspiration
- Pencil and note book.