Join us at Eau Brink Studio for a two day workshop with Nodeen Salmon learning how to Embroider trees with a sewing machine.
Nodeen will take us step by step through her process of free motion embroidery on a sewing machine. Demonstrating each step and offering help and support where it is required.
Day one will commence at 10am with refreshments, and introductions before we get stuck into the workshop. We will break for lunch about 12.30 and end the day at 4pm.
Day two again commences at 10am with Nodeen updating us and reflecting on the day before. Lunch will be at about 12.30 and we end at 4pm.
Refreshments are provided but no lunch so please do remember to bring it along.
We have plenty of off road parking available.
The nearest Hotel for bed and breakfast is the Premier Inn Kings Lynn hotel, 12 Clenchwarton Rd, King’s Lynn PE34 3LW. This hotel is under 5 minutes away from the studio by car. Anyone who is booked into the hotel but has no transport we can collect and return you to the hotel at no extra charge.
- A selection of sewing machine threads, all makes are acceptable. Dark, medium and light tones in each colour. Think trees and oranges, reds, yellow oranges and rust colour leave. For grass and foliage bring sap greens olive greens and yellow greens. Also bring tree colours like khaki and beige, light greens, browns, dark olive greens. Bring three shade of each colour.
- Sewing machine which has the option to drop the feed dogs.
- Free machine embroidery foot for the sewing machine.
- Spare sewing machine needles.
- 12” square white medium weight 100% cotton
- 12”square craft Vilene heavy weight sew in, used as stabiliser.
- Plus extra fabric and Vilene for sample stitches.
- Sewing kit including small embroidery scissors.
- Paint brush (approx. size 8 round medium).
- Fabric paint: yellow, orange, red and blue (will be provided).
- Yogurt pot or paper cup for water.
- Autumnal landscape photos, sketches, images etc for inspiration
- Pencil and note book
UNFORTUNATELY THIS WORKHSOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED